This is the ultimate review to guide you through Diamond car insurance.
You might already know that Diamond offers several car insurance policy options.
Some are great, others not so much.
So if you want to get:
better value for money for your car insurance;
and tips to lower your insurance premium, then you might love the following article.
Let’s dive right in.
Table of Contents
Is Diamond the best car insurance provider?
Getting the best car insurance deal is not all about the price. Indeed, focusing on just getting the cheapest deal might be a bad calculation when it comes to getting a good payout if you ever have an accident.
We’ve studied in detail Diamond car policy terms and conditions and given our own ratings based on different criteria.
3 Safe overall rating for Diamond
|Our rating||Our opinion|
|Customer service & satisfaction|
Hassle free claims are offered
Handbag cover of up to £300 provided
|Value for money|
Flexible payment options are offered
|Financial strength for pay out|
Strong financial capability
Customer friendly website with a simple and easy-to-use interface
Expert and customer reviews on Diamond
We compiled expert and customer reviews from independent institutions, to give you an overall idea of Diamond’s reputation.
|Review organisation||Consumer satisfaction rates for Diamond|
|Defaqto expert rating for Diamond|
|TrustPilot||3,4/5 based on 312 opinions|
To check if Diamond is the right car insurance for you, you can use our free comparison tool and finally compare coverage features, optional extras, excess, admin fees and customer rating without having to give any personal information.
Our review on Diamond car insurance policy
Diamond focuses on providing insurance for women as research has shown that women are safer drivers than men. Diamond Insurance is in the same group as Elephant and Admiral insurance. As a result of this, the quotes and coverages options offered are quite similar. Diamond benefit from very good customers review, very complete coverage offer. This relationship also means that they have a strong financial capacity and as a result, can pay our claims easily.
Insurance extras like handbag cover and child seat cover are provided as added incentives for female drivers. The insurance company has good reviews from both Defaqto and TrustPilot. The website is easy and can be easily navigated. Overall, it is highly recommended.
What does Diamond car insurance policy cover?
Are TPO, TPFT and Comprehensive covers available at Diamond?
|Car insurance policy||Available at Diamond||Coverage in a nutshell|
|Third-Party Fire and Theft|
Keep in mind that you can always add optional extras to your policy.
Main guarantees at Diamond explained in details
Let’s find out what does Diamond covers in its car insurance policy.
Breakdown cover at Diamond
With Diamond, the following services are provided under the breakdown cover:
- Cover for all named drivers on your insurance policy
- Message services to inform your loved ones in the case of a breakdown
- Misfuel cover in the case that your car was filled with the wrong fuel and it breaks down
- Alternative source of transportation to enable you complete your journey
- £150 to cover overnight accommodation in the case that the car cannot be fixed
- Roadside assistance
- Nationwide assistance
- European cover.
Keycare cover at Diamond
Diamond insurance provides a £2000 keycare cover limit which includes:
- Locksmith charges if and when needed
- Replacement locks in the case that the lock has been damaged or has to be changed for security reasons
- Replacement keys in the case of theft or if the key has been misplaced
- £40 per day for a maximum of 3 days for a vehicle hire in the case that the car cannot be used due to the loss or damage of keys
- £80 for alternative sources of transportation.
Windscreen cover at Diamond
With Diamond, the windscreen repair and replacement is offered as a standard and comes with the comprehensive policy. It can also be added to other insurance policies. Claim on windscreen, window or sunroof doesn’t affect NCB.
The cover offers:
- A £95 excess cover in the case that the windscreen has to be totally replaced
- A £25 excess cover in the case that the windscreen has to be repaired.
Motor legal protection at Diamond
Diamond’s Motor Legal Protection policy provides:
- Legal assistance in the case of an accident that was not the driver fault
- The sum of £100,000 in the event of a claim for an accident that wasn’t the fault of the driver
- Cover against the legal costs incurred as a result of the accident.
Personal policy injury available at Diamond
Diamond’s Personal injury cover offers two options. This means you can pick between the £50,000 extra cover for Personal Injury and the £100,000 for Personal Injury Plus. With this extra cover option, you can increase your Personal Injury cover from the regular one of £5,000 which comes as a standard with the comprehensive policy offered by Diamond.
The Personal injury cover offers the following:
- Cover in the case of an accidental death that happened in the insured car
- Cover in the case that the driver or passenger sustained a serious injury while in the car
- Cover in the case that the driver sustained a minor injury while in the car
- Cover for minor injuries such as fractures and burns.
- A £200 fee if the driver or passenger is admitted to a hospital as a result of an accident that occured while in the car
- Uninsured driver Protection.
Coverage abroad at Diamond
Abroad coverage is available under the comprehensive insurance policy and this coverage allows the holders to travel through Europe for about 90 days. The list of countries includes:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Cyprus, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
Courtesy car at Diamond
Diamond offers a flexible hire car cover option that provides the following:
- Provision of a hire car for up to 3 weeks in the case that your car has been stolen or is damaged
- Provision of a temporary replacement car with seven seats and an engine capacity of 2.2 litres
- Cover for any driver named on your insurance policy
- A £250 with which to cover expenses in the case that the hire car option is not taken
- £15 worth of fuel after the car has been repaired and delivered.
Bonus accelerator at Diamond
The Bonus Accelerator policy that is offered by Diamond allows you get an NCB discount in the space of 10 months rather than 12 months. It is perfect and can be used by all drivers but it is especially beneficial to beginner drivers who do not have any No Claims Bonus.
No-Claim Bonus (NCB) at Diamond
With Diamond, if you have four or more years of NCB, protection can be gotten for two claims in a three-year period.
You will find below Diamond’s No-Claim bonus rates proposed to their drivers:
One year NCB – 2%
Two years NCB – 14%
Three years NCB – 16%
Four years NCB – 26%
Five years NCB – 27%
Six years NCB – 27%
Seven years NCB – 30%
Eight years NCB – 33%
Nine years NCB or more – 37%
In the case of an accident, the following claims do not affect the No Claims Bonus:
- Payments made in the case of windscreen damage
- Payments for emergency treatment fees in the case of accident
- Claims which aren’t the fault of the driver
- A claim in the case that the incident is caused by an identified uninsured driver.
At Diamond, you can apply for the NCB protection. The NCB protection allows you to make a certain number of claims within a period without losing your No-Claim bonus.
NCB protection claims (number per year): 2 claims in 3 years.
A No-Claim bonus is a reward that you get from driving during a long time (at least one year) without making any claim. The more years you drive without claims, the higher your NCB rate gets hence the higher the discount on your insurance premium.
Diamond car insurance terms and conditions
How much does Diamond car insurance cost?
You’ll find below indicative car insurance quotes at Diamond:
|18 years old||£106,16|
|40 years old||£43,78|
|60 years old||£32,28|
Costs of Diamond insurance car policies vary widely based on different factors such as:
- The driver’s age
- The date on which they received their driving licence
- The type of car
- Expected repair costs if the car is damaged
- The performance, safety and security of the car
- The driver’s address and how busy the streets in the neighbourhood are
- Who drives the car (any additional driver on the policy)
- The driver’s record of accidents and claims (number of injuries, No Claim Bonus etc.)
- Insurance taxes.
The higher risk you represent, the more expensive your policy will be.
Is there any promo codes or discounts available at Diamond?
Discount vouchers are available for Diamond customers. Discounts are also available for online customers.
|Discounts||– A 10% discount is given to online customers.|
– The Bonus Accelerator option is available to young drivers and this helps them accumulate No Claims Bonus in a space of 10 months rather than 12.
If you want to get a cheaper car insurance policy, another good way to do so is to never auto renew and always compare car insurance quotes.
Save more on your car insurance checking out our 13 tops tips to cut your insurance premiums!
Diamond car insurance policy summarized
|Uninsured driver NCB benefit||Yes|
|Loss or theft of keys||£300 as standard – £2000 per year optional|
|Personal belongings||£150 – £500 (for camper van)|
|Liability limit for property damage||£20,000,000|
|Legal expense||£100 000|
|Courtesy car benefit|
|Courtesy car cover|
|Fire excess||£150 – £750|
|Theft excess||£150 – £750|
|Accidental damage excess||£0 – £750|
|Windscreen replacement excess||£95|
|Young driver excess|
|Interest charged by payment installments|
Other car insurance policies available at Diamond
Diamond multi-car insurance
The Multicar cover option is available for more than one car registered under the same address. The Multicar cover option that Diamond offers provides the following:
- £5,000 for the Personal Injury cover which would cover the driver and their spouse in the case of an accident
- Provision of a courtesy car for up to 21 days in the case that the car has been stolen or written off
- A radio and equipments cover of about £1,250 for every car under the insurance policy
- A sum of £1,250 or 15% of the value of your car is provided in the case that it is stolen if it is less than 12 months
- A 90 days abroad cover
- Provision of windscreen repair cover of about £1,250.
Diamond black-box insurance
Diamond installs a black box in your car and the device records the way you drive. At the end of a specified period, these results are analysed. If the driver falls on the safe side i.e. if the driving is safe, he/she would be eligible for a discount at the time of policy renewal. The higher the score, the lesser the amount to be paid and invariably, the higher the discount rate.
Diamond business car insurance
When you subscribe to a car insurance policy, you always need to mention what you are using your car for.
At Diamond (such as at Admiral), there are six different types of car use:
- social, domestic and pleasure use for the day-to-day driving
- social and commuting for regular journeys
- business class 1 for someone who mainly uses his car for domestic reasons but might often need it as well to visit some work places for example
- business class 2 same as class 1 but with additional guarantee for a named driver
- business class 2 for salesmen
- commercial for cars used all day long such as driving instructor.
Before using your car for business reasons, don’t forget to tell Admiral ! You may need an extra coverage to be covered in case you are involved in an accident.
That might impact your annual insurance fee but will prevent you from any non-disclosure problem in case you need to get refund.
Diamond van insurance
Diamond partnered with Admiral to provide van and commercial insurance. The van insurance that Diamond and Admiral provides apart from the standard cover that comes with cars are as follows:
- Own goods cover: if you use your car for you daily job (plumber, carpenter etc.)
- Haulage: if you use your car to transport and deliver third party goods.
How to contact Diamond auto insurance?
Diamond phone numbers
You will find all important phone numbers to contact Diamond car insurance:
|Contact number||Opening hours|
0333 220 2004
0333 222 6718
0333 220 2037
Single car quote
0333 220 2077
Multi car quote
0333 220 2079
Accident recovery helpline
0800 600 840
24 hours a day
Diamond other contact details
You’ll find below Diamond main contact details:
|Contact details of Diamond|
|Customer account with Diamond login|
|Social media||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, YouTube|
You can also contact them by mail by writing to Diamond car insurance:
Diamond Car Insurance
Tŷ Admiral Street,
How to cancel your car insurance at Diamond?
You can always cancel your car insurance policy at any time. However, some fees may apply especially if you cancel it after the 14 cooling-off period after your contract’s anniversary date.
Since car insurance is a legal requirement, Diamond as well as other insurers will renew your policy automatically at the end of the policy period without any notification from your side. However, Diamond has the obligation to send you a renewal notice within 7 to 21 days before your contract comes to an end. You will therefore have 14 days – the cooling off period – to cancel your policy at reduced cancellation fees.
For the same reason, if you cancel your car insurance policy, you must sign up to a new one immediately. Find out more on car insurance legal requirement.
You would need to have various documents ready such as:
- your policy number (right hand corner of your documents);
- your bank details; and
- your payment method in case there are cancellation fees.
Diamond could also refuse to cover your car any longer if you don’t pay for your premiums within the time allocated, or if they find out that you omitted important information that was required by the company such as your driving experience or you if have committed a fraud of any kind. This act is known as ‘fronting’.