This is the ultimate review to guide you through Esure car insurance.
So if you want to get cover details, better value for money for your car insurance and tips to lower your insurance premium, then you might love the following article.
Let’s dive right in!
Table of Contents
Is Esure a good car insurance company?
Getting the best car insurance deal is not all about the price. Indeed, focusing on just getting the cheapest deal might be a bad calculation when it comes to getting a good payout if you ever have an accident.
We’ve studied in detail Esure car policy terms and conditions and given our own ratings based on different criteria.
4,6 Safe overall rating for Esure
|Our rating||Our opinion|
|Customer service & satisfaction|
Online chat bot available to answer the questions of the clients
Courtesy car cover is guaranteed
|Value for money|
No admin fee charged for updating already existing policies during the year
|Financial strength for pay out|
High company financial capacity to foot payment in terms of claim
80% online availability
Expert and customer reviews on Esure
We compiled expert and customer reviews from independent institutions, to give you an overall idea of Esure’s reputation.
|Review organisation||Consumer satisfaction rates for Esure|
|Defaqto expert rating for Esure|
|TrustPilot||3,9/5 based on 7891 opinions|
To check if Esure is the right car insurance for you, you can use our free comparison tool and finally compare coverage features, optional extras, excess, admin fees and customer rating without having to give any personal information.
Our opinion on Esure car insurance policy
With esure Car Insurance, customers will get comprehensive cover rated 5 Stars by Defaqto at affordable prices. Every esure comprehensive policy includes as standard the following benefits:
- 5 year repair guarantee
- Unlimited legal liability cover for death or injury to other people
- Unlimited cover for manufacturer fitted audio, navigation and entertainment systems
- European third party only cover for up to 90 days
- UK Call Centres and 24h accident recovery helpline
- Quick online self-service claims
- Up to £100 to replace each child seat after an accident.
Additionnaly, you can add extras suchs as Motor Legal Protection, Personal Injury Benefit, Car Hire Benefit, Misfuelling Cover, Key Cover. Customer reviews as well as expert rating are good (3,9/5) and esure paid out 97% of car insurance claims last year.
What does Esure car insurance policy cover?
Esure offers 2 levels of cover:
- Third Party Fire and Theft
|Fire and theft||yes||yes|
|Courtesy car provided||no||yes|
|Does policyholder have the right to drive other cars?||no||yes|
|Audio & Sat Nav||no||yes|
|Windscreen, windows cover||no||yes|
|Personal accident cover||no||Optional|
|Coverage abroad in the EU||90 days||90 days|
What does Esure Comprehensive car insurance cover in details?
- Roadside assistance is provided in the case of a breakdown.
- Option to tow your car to the nearest garage if you are far from home and it cannot be fixed.
- Option to transport the customer’s car and affected party to the nearest garage in the case of misfuelling.
A replacement car is provided for the driver in the case that his/her vehicle has been stolen or is damaged.
In the event of death or serious injury, Esure will pay up to £100,000 if the driver is at fault and £30,000 if the driver isn’t.
Below is a breakdown of the personal policy cover that Esure offers and what it covers:
- In the case of a permanent total disablement, £100,000 is offered if it was the driver fault and £30,000 if it wasn’t
- In the case that a limb is lost, £100,000 is offered if it was the driver fault and £15,000 if it wasn’t
- If there is loss of sight in one or both eyes, £100,000 is offered if it was the driver fault and £30,000 if it wasn’t
- If one or both ears are affected hearing wise, £100,000 is offered if it was the driver fault and £30,000 if it wasn’t
- If the speech is affected in an accident, £100,000 is offered if it was the driver fault and £30,000 if it wasn’t
- For third degree burns, £100,000 is offered if it was the driver fault and £30,000 if it wasn’t.
- Claim on windscreen, window doesn’t affect NCB. Sunroof does.
- The cover option can be either added as an upgrade or is directly included in the fully comprehensive cover policy.
Motor legal protection
A legal fee of up to £100,000 is provided to cover legal charges if the case is deemed worthy.
Other guarantees offered at Esure
- Courtesy car:
- Courtesy car limit: time needed to repair
- Total loss courtesy car period: 21 days (as optional extra)
- Windscreen/window damage: unlimited if approved repairer (or £100)
- Sunroof damage: not covered
- Personal belongings: 150
- Medical expenses: £300 (physiotherapy treatment included)
- Audio equipment: unlimited if manufacturer fitted, or £1.000
- Sat Nav: unlimited if manufacturer fitted, or £1.000
- Child car seat: £100
- Misfuelling cover: engine damage only as standard, fuel drainage optional
- Repairs guarantee: 5 years
- Coverage abroad: 90 days (as optional extra)
- Personal accident cover (hospitalisation): £2,000 (extra)
- Liability limit for property damage (including legal expenses): £20M
- Onward travel cost if accident: Not covered
- Accomodation cost: £500
- Driving other cars extension: third-party only, no emergency cover
- Claim-free years for maximum NCB: 14
- Can other drivers get NCB?: No
- NCB protection: Optional, unlimited claims
- New car benefit: 55%, 12 months
Excess and fees at Esure
- Fire & theft excess: £100
- Accidental damage excess: £0
- Non-approved repairer excess: £200
- Windscreen replacement excess: £100 – £150
- Windscreen repair excess: £15
- Young driver excess: £350
- Excess protection: no
- Interest on monthly payment: 27,80%
- Cancellation fees during cooling off period: £0
- Cancellation fee outside cooling off period: £26
- Renewal fee: £0
- Adjustment fee: £26
- Payment default fee: £0
- Underwritter: esure Insurance ltd
Esure car insurance terms and conditions
How much does Esure car insurance cost?
You’ll find below indicative car insurance quotes at Esure:
|18 years old||£104,11|
|40 years old||£42,93|
|60 years old||£31,66|
Costs of Esure insurance car policies vary widely based on different factors such as:
- The driver’s age
- The date on which they received their driving licence
- The type of car
- Expected repair costs if the car is damaged
- The performance, safety and security of the car
- The driver’s address and how busy the streets in the neighbourhood are
- Who drives the car (any additional driver on the policy)
- The driver’s record of accidents and claims (number of injuries, No Claim Bonus etc.)
- Insurance taxes.
The higher risk you represent, the more expensive your policy will be.
Is there any promo codes or discounts available at Esure?
Esure offers a discount on the services offered.
- New customers can pay as low as £172 for a cover policy.
- They also provide a multi car discount which takes effect when two or more cars are registered under the same address.
- They offer guaranteed quotes for a year and also individual policies so each car is still under a discount but can be treated separately.
If you want to get a cheaper car insurance policy, another good way to do so is to never auto renew and always compare car insurance quotes.
Save more on your car insurance checking out our 13 tops tips to cut your insurance premiums!
What are the other car insurance policy types available at Esure?
Esure multi-car insurance
Multicover insurance is provided for more than one car registered under the same name so long as the owners of the other cars are above 26 years old.
A 1 year quote promise is offered to customers and is guaranteed if details like address, phone number are not changed in that time frame.
Esure learner driver car insurance
This is dependent on the details of the learner driver in question. If it is satisfactory enough, it can be added to an already existing cover plan.
Esure business car insurance
Class of use categories are:
- Social, Domestic and Pleasure (SDP)
- Social, Domestic and Pleasure + your commute (SDP&C)
- SDP&C and business use by you, SDP&C and business use by you and your spouse or partner
- SDP&C and business use by you and another driver.
If you commute to work (even if your car’s parked at a train station most of the day), then SDP&C would likely be the best option for you. And if you use your car for business, choose from the 3 options that fit best.
Esure van insurance
Esure provides insurance for small vans that are used for personal purposes. Large vans and vans meant for business do not have any form of insurance policy.
How to contact Esure car insurance?
Esure phone numbers
You will find all important phone numbers to contact Esure auto insurance:
|Contact number||Opening hours|
0345 045 1000
Monday-Friday 8am – 8pm
Quotes and sales
0345 045 1000
Monday-Friday 8am – 8pm
Multi car sales
0800 434 6764
Monday-Friday 8am – 8pm
24hr Breakdown Cover (RACD): 0800 085 6837
0345 603 7879
Monday-Friday 8am – 8pm
24-hour accident recovery
0800 085 8533
24/7 7 days a week
Esure other contact details
You’ll find below Esure main contact details:
|Contact details of Esure|
|Customer account with Esure login|
|Social media||Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.|
You can also contact them by mail by writing to Esure car insurance:
19 Cadogan Street
Glasgow G2 6QQ
How to claim on your Esure car insurance?
You can make a claim at Esure through 3 different ways.
You can either Connect to [My Account] as explained above and follow the process. You will need to provide:
- Your name, phone number and adress
- Your car vehicle registration number
- Photos of the accident scene and circumstances details.
You can also call the claim helpline depending on your claim:
- 24hr Breakdown Cover (RACD): 0800 085 6837
- Motoring Legal Protection: 0345 603 7872
- Car Key Cover: 0800 085 4913
Misfuelling Cover: 0800 085 8556
You can do it by email: [email protected]
To claim on your car insurance, always prepare upfront:
- your policy number
- evidences of claim.
If your claim is related to crime (theft, fire etc.), you must go to the police before calling your insurer.
How to cancel your car insurance at Esure?
Since car insurance is a legal requirement, Esure will renew your policy automatically at the end of the policy period without any notification from your side. However, Esure has the obligation to send you a renewal notice within 7 to 21 days before your contract comes to an end. You will therefore have 14 days – the cooling off period – to cancel your policy at reduced cancellation fees.
You can cancel your car insurance policy at any time but cancellation fees may apply especially if you cancel outside the cooling-off period.
You can cancel your esure car insurance by calling the number 0345 606 1374.
You would need to have various documents ready such as:
- your policy number (right hand corner of your documents);
- your bank details; and
- your payment method in case there are cancellation fees.
Esure could also refuse to cover your car any longer if you don’t pay for your premiums within the time allocated, if they find out that you omitted important information that was required by the company such as your driving experience or if you have committed a fraud of any kind (this act is known as ‘fronting’).
Esure will send you a cancellation notice (usually 7 days).