This is the ultimate review to guide you through Go Girl car insurance.
You might already know that Go Girl offers several car insurance policy options.
Some are great, others not so much.
So if you want to get better value for money for your car insurance, indicative quotes and tips to lower your insurance premium, then you might love the following article.
Let’s dive right in.
Table of Contents
Is Go Girl the best car insurance provider?
Getting the best car insurance deal is not all about the price. Indeed, focusing on just getting the cheapest deal might be a bad calculation when it comes to getting a good payout if you ever have an accident.
At Safe, we’ve studied in detail Go Girl car policy terms and conditions and given our own ratings based on different criteria:
3,9 Safe overall rating for Go Girl
|Safe rating||Our opinion|
|Customer service & satisfaction|
Customer service available 24/7 for claims, in an event of a mis-fuel and for RAC breakdown (Automotive Services Company selected by Go Girl to offer road side assistance to its clients)
Go Girl’s services have been specifically designed to benefit women (insurance covering things such child car seats and handbags). Another good thing about it is that it can also be used by men.
|Value for money|
Competitive prices for good covers
|Financial strength for pay out|
Go Girl is one of the three insurers that belong to Sabre Insurance that has been selling insurance since 1982 therefore, their ability to pay out claims is very high.
User friendly website
Customer satisfaction rates based on consumers reviews
We compiled customer satisfaction rates from independent institutions, to give you an overall idea of Go Girl’s reputation.
|Review organisation||Consumer satisfaction rates for Go Girl|
|TrustPilot||3,5/5 based on 497 opinions|
To check if Go Girl is the right car insurance for you, you can use our free car insurance insurance comparison platform and get quotes from main insurance companies in a few seconds only without having to give any personal information.
Do we recommend Go Girl car insurance policy?
Go Girl Insurance offer good insurance policies at competitive prices. The company has gone a step further by providing other benefits such as a free child car seat, and handbag cover for their female drivers.
This company might be suitable for new drivers who are looking for insurance companies that don’t need you to have a telematics system installed in your car. It is also extremely suitable for female drivers due to the various benefits they offer as standard.
An important thing to keep in mind, is to always ask for every fee upfront before signing with them so as to avoid disappointments later on.
What does Go Girl car insurance policy include?
Go Girl proposes different types of policies, let’s look at the features of each insurance policy.
Is Third-party only, third-party fire and theft and comprehensive cover available at Go Girl?
Below you’ll find the different levels of cover available (or not) at Go Girl for a standard single car insurance.
In general, car insurance falls into three main levels of cover :
|Car insurance policy||Available at Go Girl||Coverage in a nutshell|
|Third-Party Fire and Theft|
Keep in mind that you can always take one of those policies and add selected upgrades on top of your basic contract.
What are the extras available at Go Girl?
At Go Girl, you can choose among different policy upgrades, either already included in your car insurance policy or added as upgrades.
You will find each offer detailed in the below section.
Breakdown cover at Go Girl
Go Girl has partnered with RAC (Automotive Services Company selected by Go Girl to offer road side assistance to its clients) to offer the following levels of Breakdown Cover:
- RAC Roadside: this covers roadside assistance that is 1/4 mile or more away from your home address and includes towing services of 10 miles away from the breakdown to your home or to an approved garage in case the car cannot be fixed on the roadside.
- Home Start: this covers breakdown assistance at your home address or at the roadside and also includes towing services of up to 10 miles from the breakdown to an approved garage or to your home in case the car cannot be fixed on the roadside.
- Recovery: this covers breakdown assistance either at your home or at the roadside. It includes recovery of 8 people including the driver and the vehicle to any destination in the UK if the vehicle cannot be fixed. It also has a towing service of up to 10 miles.
- Onward Travel: apart from breakdown assistance at your home or at the roadside, recovery of 8 people including the driver and the vehicle to any destination in the UK if the vehicle cannot be fixed and a towing service of up to 10 miles from breakdown, you are also offered the following in case your car cannot be fixed at the roadside:
- Replacement car for hire for 2 consecutive days while your car is being fixed (This applies to people over the age of 21 only)
- Reimbursement of other means of transport taken such as rail, air, or any other public transport (Up to £150 per person or a total of £500 per group)
- A night’s accommodation at a Bed&Breakfast for upto 8 people including the driver
- Medical assistance if a member of the group is taken to hospital 20 miles from home.
Europe: This included all the benefits that come with RAC Roadside Cover, Homestart Cover, Recovery Cover and Onward Travel Cover. In addition to that, it also comes with the following:
- Temporary car replacement
- Additional expenses for accommodation
- Return home or continuation of journey
- Replacement driver in case you’re ill or injured and are unfit to drive
- Loss of tent of accidental damage
- Urgent message service
- Customs claims indemnity.
On return home, you’re covered with the following:
- Collection of car that was left abroad to be repaired
- Replacement car (Covering up to £250 per claim)
- Cover of legal costs of up to £50,000
- Loss of NCD
Number of call-outs:
- Limited number of callouts: 3 call-outs per policy year
- One call-out per journey which is limited to a maximum of 90 days if its European with an overall limit of £2500 per call-out.
Keycare cover at Go Girl
- Up to £1500 cover per policy period that covers home, office, vehicle keys and locks that may be lost, damaged, stolen or if you are accidentally locked inside your home, office or vehicle.
- Reprogramming of immobilisers, alarms and office safe keys also included.
- If you’re stranded away from home, the policy covers up to £75 per day for 3 days for vehicle hire or other means of transportation.
Windscreen cover at Go Girl
- Windscreen cover is available as part of the Comprehensive Policy only.
- It covers repair or replacement of windscreen and windows only including costs and repair of scratches that may be caused during body work.
- Claim on windscreen will not affect your No-Claim Bonus.
Motor legal protection at Go Girl
Up to £100,000 of legal costs in case you are involved in an accident that is not your fault.
Personal policy injury available at Go Girl
Up to £25,000 per person and £125,000 per incident that covers you, your partner, and any other passengers that were injured or died in the event of an accident.
What are the different car insurance types available at Go Girl?
Besides the three level of cover mentioned above, Go Girl also offers different types of insurance to fit everyone’s needs.
|Multi-car or fleet insurance|
|Telematics or black-box policy|
|Classic car insurance|
|Temporary car insurance|
|Learner driver car insurance|
|Business car insurance|
|No Claim Bonus|
You want to know more about this car insurance types? check out our guides!
How much does Go Girl car insurance cost?
You might be aware of the fact that there are certain situations where your car insurance policy premium may be drastically high. An example of this case is if you are a young driver.
You’ll find below indicative car insurance quotes at Go Girl:
|18 years old||£109,86|
|40 years old||£45,30|
|60 years old||£33,41|
Costs of Go Girl insurance car policies vary widely based on different factors such as:
- The driver’s age
- The date on which they received their driving licence
- The type of car
- Expected repair costs if the car is damaged
- The performance, safety and security of the car
- The driver’s address and how busy the streets in the neighbourhood are
- Who drives the car (any additional driver on the policy)
- The driver’s record of accidents and claims (number of injuries, No Claim Bonus etc.)
- Insurance taxes.
The higher risk you represent, the more expensive your policy will be.
What are Go Girl discounts on car insurance?
You must know that different discounts are often available when you subscribe to a car insurance policy. Whether you are new to the company, a new driver, or you have been driving safely for years, you can often get discount rates to reduce your insurance premium.
There is no specific discount apart from the No-Claim Bonus available at Go Girl.
If you want to get a cheaper car insurance policy, another good way to do so is to never auto renew and always compare car insurance quotes.
It is possible to save on your car insurance, check out our 13 tops tips to cut your insurance premiums and start saving!
What are Go Girl auto insurance policies detailed?
Go Girl coverage abroad
Go Girl Insurance offers cover for travel in EU countries provided you let them know of your travel plans in advance.
Due to Brexit, it is important to note that you’re required to have a Green Card as well as a Certificate of Motor Insurance when traveling. You’ll have to carry the original copy of your Green Card-photocopies are not allowed.
Go Girl business car insurance
Go Girl can add Business Use on your policy if you or an additional driver has changed their occupation to business provided you let them know.
Go Girl van insurance
Go Girl offers insurance for small vans.
In case of an incident, you will not get a courtesy car even if you have a comprehensive policy if your vehicle is a van. They also will not replace your van in case of total loss or damage.
Go Girl No-Claim Bonus (NCB)
A No-Claim bonus is a reward that you get from driving during a long time (at least one year) without making any claim. The more years you drive without claims, the higher your NCB rate gets hence the higher the discount on your insurance premium.
You can use an existing NCB from a previous insurer when signing up for a new Go Girl Policy provided that you send them a copy of proof from your previous insurer 14 days before your Go Girl Policy is active. The NCB must have been earned on a private or commercial vehicle policy in an EU country within the last 2 years. It is also important to note that the NCB should not be in use in any other policy.
For every year you drive without making any claims, your NCB rate is increased which lower your renewal premium payment.
How does a claim affect my No-Claim Bonus?
If you’re involved in an accident that was your fault, your NCB will be affected. If the accident wasn’t your fault, your NCB will not be affected provided that Go Girl manages to recover the cost from the responsible party.
Claims on the following will not affect your NCB:
- If you or your named driver is involved in an accident with an uninsured driver
- Windscreen cover repair or replacement. (Note: Does not involve sunroofs or glassroofs)
- Emergency treatment fees on road side in case of injury during an accident.
At Go Girl, your NCB will not be affected until a certain limit:
NCB protection claims (number per year): 2 claims in 5 years
What are Go Girl car insurance policy excess and limits?
This table sums-up Go Girl car insurance policy excess and limits.
|At Go Girl|
|Interest charged by payment installments|
APR of 24.9%
|Uninsured driver NCB benefit||Yes|
|Loss or theft of keys limit||£1500 as a standard|
|Fire excess||Excess- Not Stated|
Limit- £100 (child car seat)
|Theft excess||Excess- Not stated|
Limit- £100(child car seat)
|Accidental damage excess||Not stated|
|Personal belongings limit||£150 – £200 for comprehensive cover|
|Audio equipment limit|
Excess- Not stated
|Medical expenses limit|
Excess- Not Stated
|Liability limit for property damage||£25,000,000|
|Legal expense limit||£100,000|
|Windscreen replacement excess||£20 – £85|
|Courtesy car benefit|
As standard as long as your vehicle is not a van
|Courtesy car limit|
Duration of number of days it takes for your vehicle to be repaired. If you incurred a total loss of your vehicle, you will not be elligible for a courtesy car.
|Driver under 21 excess|
£50 – £200
|Coverage abroad limit|
How to contact Go Girl auto insurance?
Go Girl contact phone number
You will find all important phone numbers to contact Go Girl car insurance:
|Contact number||Opening hours|
0330 024 4747
Monday to Saturday: 8am-8pm
Make a claim
0330 024 8050
0333 202 1867
Motor Legal Expenses Insurance
0208 487 0597
Monday to Friday: 8am-8pm
0330 123 2094 (Claims Notification)
Enhanced Personal Accident Cover
0330 102 8685
Monday to Friday: 9am-5pm
What are Go Girl contact details?
This contacts will allow you to contact Go Girl quickly and efficiently:
|Contact details of Go Girl|
|Customer account with Go Girl login|
[My Account](https://gogirl.opencustomerportal.co.uk/view/index.jsp”;”Go Girl Online Customer Portal)
|Social media||Twitter, Facebook, Instagram|
You can also contact them by mail by writing to Go Girl car insurance:
St James House, 27-43 Eastern Rd,
Romford RM1 3NH,
How to cancel Go Girl car insurance?
Since car insurance is a legal requirement, Go Girl as well as other insurers will renew your contract automatically at the expiry date without any notification from your side.
For the same reason, if you cancel your car insurance policy, you must sign up to a new one immediately.
Before your contract comes to an end, Go Girl must send you a renewal notice within 14 to 21 days before the anniversary date of your contract.
After sending you the renewal notice, they will automatically renew your insurance contract. You will therefore have 14 days (what we call the cooling off period), to cancel the new contract at reduced cancellation fees.
Other fees may apply if you make some alterations to your contract or if certain events occur during your contract’s operation.
The table below provides more details on modification and cancellation fees charged at Go Girl:
Cancellation fee within 14 days after purchase of policy (Cooling off Period):
Cancellation fee beyond 14 days (Cooling off Period):
Amending policy: £25
You would need to have various documents ready such as your policy number (right hand corner of your documents), your bank details, and your payment method in case there are cancellation fees.
Go Girl could also refuse to cover your car any longer if you don’t pay for your premiums within the time allocated, or if they find out that you omitted important information that was required by the company such as your driving experience or you if have committed a fraud of any kind. This act is known as ‘fronting’.