This is the ultimate review to guide you through Sheilas’ Wheels car insurance.
So if you want to get cover details, better value for money for your car insurance and tips to lower your insurance premium, then you might love the following article.
Let’s dive right in!
Table of Contents
Is Sheilas’ Wheels a good car insurance company?
Getting the best car insurance deal is not all about the price. Indeed, focusing on just getting the cheapest deal might be a bad calculation when it comes to getting a good payout if you ever have an accident.
We’ve studied in detail Sheilas’ Wheels car policy terms and conditions and given our own ratings based on different criteria.
3,4 Safe overall rating for Sheilas’ Wheels
|Our rating||Our opinion|
|Customer service & satisfaction|
3.9/5 based on 2477 opinions on TrustPilot
90 days cover in Europe included as standard on both cover options offered
|Value for money|
Up to 20 years of No Claims Discount can be accumulated
|Financial strength for pay out|
Strong financial capability
Presence of live chat option
Expert and customer reviews on Sheilas’ Wheels
We compiled expert and customer reviews from independent institutions, to give you an overall idea of Sheilas’ Wheels’s reputation.
|Review organisation||Consumer satisfaction rates for Sheilas’ Wheels|
|Defaqto expert rating for Sheilas’ Wheels|
|TrustPilot||3,9/5 based on 2477 opinions|
To check if Sheilas’ Wheels is the right car insurance for you, you can use our free comparison tool and finally compare coverage features, optional extras, excess, admin fees and customer rating without having to give any personal information.
Our opinion on Sheilas’ Wheels car insurance policy
Sheilas’ Wheels is a women insurance specialist providing great comprehensive cover at affordable price including benefits such as £100 to replace child car seat and £300 for your handbag if lost or stolen from your vehicle.
The company is part of the esure Group and is therefore proposing very similar comprehensive plan than its sister company. Among main benefits you will get as standard:
- 5 year repair guarantee and a courtesy car as standard
- Unlimited legal liability cover for death or injury to other people and up to £20 million for damage to property
- Unlimited cover for manufacturer fitted audio, navigation and entertainment systems
- European third party only cover for up to 90 days
- UK Call Centres open 8am–8pm on weekdays and 24/7 accident recovery helpline
- £200 personal belongings cover
The company is offering multicar discount for you, your partner, or anyone registered at the same address. Sheilas Wheels offers great value for money deals with low excess to be paid in case of claims as well as low admin fees. The company do charge APR on monthly payments though.
What does Sheilas’ Wheels car insurance policy cover?
Sheilas’ Wheels offers 2 levels of cover:
- Third Party Fire and Theft
|Fire and theft||yes||yes|
|Courtesy car provided||no||yes|
|Does policyholder have the right to drive other cars?||no||yes|
|Audio & Sat Nac||no||yes|
|Windscreen, windows cover||no||yes|
|Personal accident cover||no||Optional|
|Coverage abroad in the EU||90 days||90 days|
What does Sheilas’ Wheels Comprehensive car insurance cover in details?
Sheilas Wheels collaborated with RAC to provide three levels of cover in the case of a breakdown and they include:
- Roadside assistance: this includes unlimited labour at the roadside for the repair of minor mechanical or electrical faults. The driver however has to pay for the parts used in the repairs.
- Roadside assistance and Home rescue: this includes roadside assistance and assistance in the case that the car has broken down close to the driver’s house.
- Roadside assistance, Home rescue and Recovery: it includes roadside assistance, home rescue and national recovery. Also, alternate sources of transportation and accommodation are provided in the case that the fault cannot be rectified immediately.
Sheilas Wheels provides a courtesy car in the case that the driver’s car has been stolen or is faulty. The substitute car is provided for 21 days. The following are offered with this option:
- Car hire cover for all named drivers on the insurance policy.
In the event of death or serious injury, Sheilas Wheels will pay up to £100,000 if the driver is at fault and £30,000 if the driver isn’t.
Below is a breakdown of the personal policy cover that Sheilas Wheels offers and what it covers:
- In the case of a permanent total disablement, £100,000 is offered if it was the driver fault and £30,000 if it wasn’t
- In the case that a limb is lost, £100,000 is offered if it was the driver fault and £15,000 if it wasn’t
- If there is loss of sight in one or both eyes, £100,000 is offered if it was the driver fault and £30,000 if it wasn’t
- If one or both ears are affected hearing wise, £100,000 is offered if it was the driver fault and £30,000 if it wasn’t
- If the speech is affected in an accident, £100,000 is offered if it was the driver fault and £30,000 if it wasn’t
- For third degree burns, £100,000 is offered if it was the driver fault and £15,000 if it wasn’t.
The windscreen cover is available under the comprehensive cover and the following are covered:
- cost of repair or replacement
- cost of repairs for damages done to the body of the vehicle by the broken glass
- recalibration of any Advanced Driver Assistance Systems equipmentthat might have been tampered with as a result of the broken glass.
Motor legal protection
The Motor Legal Protection provided by Sheilas Wheel offers up to £100,000 of cover for uninsured losses if you’re involved in a motor accident that is not your fault. This amount covers:
- Access to legal counsel
- 24/7 legal helpline
- Personal injury compensation
- Alternative means of transportation
- Cover for the driver and any named driver on the insurance policy.
Other guarantees offered at Sheilas’ Wheels
- Courtesy car:
- Courtesy car limit: time needed to repair
- Total loss courtesy car period: 21 days (as optional extra)
- Windscreen/window damage: unlimited if approved repairer (or £100)
- Sunroof damage: not covered
- Personal belongings: 200
- Medical expenses: £300 (physiotherapy treatment included)
- Audio equipment: unlimited if manufacturer fitted, or £1.000
- Sat Nav: unlimited if manufacturer fitted, or £1.000
- Child car seat: £100
- Misfuelling cover: engine damage only as standard
- Repairs guarantee: 5 years
- Coverage abroad: 90 days (as optional extra)
- Personal accident cover (hospitalisation): £2,000 (extra)
- Liability limit for property damage (including legal expenses): £20M
- Onward travel cost if accident: Not covered
- Accomodation cost: £500
- Driving other cars extension: third-party only, for policyholders
- Claim-free years for maximum NCB: 15
- Can other drivers get NCB?: No
- NCB protection: Optional, unlimited claims
- New car benefit: 55%, 12 months
Excess and fees at Sheilas’ Wheels
- Fire & theft excess: £100
- Accidental damage excess: £0
- Non-approved repairer excess: £200
- Windscreen replacement excess: £100 – £150
- Windscreen repair excess: £15
- Young driver excess: £350
- Excess protection: no
- Interest on monthly payment: 27,80%
- Cancellation fees during cooling off period: £0
- Cancellation fee outside cooling off period: £26
- Renewal fee: £0
- Adjustment fee: £26
- Payment default fee: £0
- Underwritter: esure Insurance ltd
Sheilas’ Wheels car insurance terms and conditions
How much does Sheilas’ Wheels car insurance cost?
You’ll find below indicative car insurance quotes at Sheilas’ Wheels:
|18 years old||£105,75|
|40 years old||£43,61|
|60 years old||£32,16|
Costs of Sheilas’ Wheels insurance car policies vary widely based on different factors such as:
- The driver’s age
- The date on which they received their driving licence
- The type of car
- Expected repair costs if the car is damaged
- The performance, safety and security of the car
- The driver’s address and how busy the streets in the neighbourhood are
- Who drives the car (any additional driver on the policy)
- The driver’s record of accidents and claims (number of injuries, No Claim Bonus etc.)
- Insurance taxes.
The higher risk you represent, the more expensive your policy will be.
Finally, compare best car insurance in less than 20 secs without giving your email.
No spamming, promise.
Is there any promo codes or discounts available at Sheilas’ Wheels?
Sheilas Wheels offers a 10% Multi-car discount is available (for each car) for households with more than 1 car.
If you want to get a cheaper car insurance policy, another good way to do so is to never auto renew and always compare car insurance quotes.
Save more on your car insurance checking out our 13 tops tips to cut your insurance premiums!
What are the other car insurance policy types available at Sheilas’ Wheels?
Sheilas’ Wheels multi-car insurance
Sheilas Wheels Multi Car insurance offers the following:
- Multicover insurance for more than one car registered under the same address so long as the owners of the other cars are above 25 years old.
- A 1 year quote promise is offered to customers and is guaranteed if details like address, phone number are not changed in that time frame.
- Individual policies are maintained.
Sheilas’ Wheels learner driver car insurance
Sheilas Wheel mainly provides insurance for drivers above 21 but they may be able to insure a new driver under 21 if they are an additional driver on a policy where the main driver is over 21 and has been a Sheilas’ Wheel driver for up to six months.
How to contact Sheilas’ Wheels car insurance?
Sheilas’ Wheels phone numbers
You will find all important phone numbers to contact Sheilas’ Wheels auto insurance:
|Contact number||Opening hours|
0345 045 2000
Mon – Fri: 8am – 8pm
0345 045 2000
Mon – Fri: 8am – 8pm
0800 917 4651
Mon – Fri: 8am – 8pm
0345 604 3570
Mon – Fri: 8am – 8pm
0345 604 3553
Mon – Fri: 8am – 8pm
24-hour accident recovery
0345 604 3570
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Sheilas’ Wheels other contact details
You’ll find below Sheilas’ Wheels main contact details:
|Contact details of Sheilas’ Wheels|
|Customer account with Sheilas’ Wheels login|
|Social media||Facebook, Twitter|
You can also contact them by mail by writing to Sheilas’ Wheels car insurance:
Sheilas wheels Car Insurance
19 Cadogan St,
Glasgow G2 6QQ,
How to claim on your Sheilas’ Wheels car insurance?
You can make a claim online or by calling the claims department at Sheilas’ Wheels at the number 0345 604 3570.
You can also do it through MyAccount
To claim on your car insurance, always prepare upfront:
- your policy number
- evidences of claim.
If your claim is related to crime (theft, fire etc.), you must go to the police before calling your insurer.
How to cancel your car insurance at Sheilas’ Wheels?
Since car insurance is a legal requirement, Sheilas’ Wheels will renew your policy automatically at the end of the policy period without any notification from your side. However, Sheilas’ Wheels has the obligation to send you a renewal notice within 7 to 21 days before your contract comes to an end. You will therefore have 14 days – the cooling off period – to cancel your policy at reduced cancellation fees.
You can cancel your car insurance policy at any time but cancellation fees may apply especially if you cancel outside the cooling-off period.
You can cancel your policy through live chat or by calling the number 0345 604 3550.
You would need to have various documents ready such as:
- your policy number (right hand corner of your documents);
- your bank details; and
- your payment method in case there are cancellation fees.
Sheilas’ Wheels could also refuse to cover your car any longer if you don’t pay for your premiums within the time allocated, if they find out that you omitted important information that was required by the company such as your driving experience or if you have committed a fraud of any kind (this act is known as ‘fronting’).
Sheilas’ Wheels will send you a cancellation notice (usually 7 days).