Sure Thing! Car Insurance Review
This is the ultimate review to guide you through Sure Thing! car insurance.
You might already know that Sure Thing! offers several car insurance policy options.
Some are great, others not so much.
So if you want to get:
- Better value for money for your car insurance
- Indicative quotes
- Tips to lower your insurance premium, then you might love the following article.
Let’s dive right in.
Is Sure Thing! the best car insurance provider?
Getting the best car insurance deal is not all about the price. Indeed, focusing on just getting the cheapest deal might be a bad calculation when it comes to getting a good payout if you ever have an accident.
We’ve studied in detail Sure Thing! car policy terms and conditions and given our own ratings based on different criteria.
4 Safe overall rating for Sure Thing!
|Our rating||Our opinion|
|Customer service & satisfaction|
Excellent customer service
Wide range of optional extra covers
|Value for money|
Fairly priced premiums
|Financial strength for pay out|
Sure Thing! works with a large panel of leading insurers in the UK allowing it to have the capability to pay out claims.
User friendly website
Expert and customer reviews on Sure Thing!
We compiled expert and customer reviews from independent institutions, to give you an overall idea of Sure Thing!'s reputation.
|Review organisation||Consumer satisfaction rates for Sure Thing!|
|Defaqto expert rating for Sure Thing!|
|TrustPilot||4,5/5 based on more than 1600 opinions|
To check if Sure Thing! is the right car insurance for you, you can use our free comparison tool and finally compare coverage features, optional extras, excess, admin fees and customer rating without having to give any personal information.
Our review on Sure Thing! car insurance policy
Sure Thing! Insurance offers some covers such as a Standard Car Insurance, Dash Cam Car Insurance and Sure Thing! Max across 2 levels of cover: Comprehensive and Fire, Theft & Third Party Cover.
With the Dash Cam Car Insurance, you get to enjoy 25% discount off your premium provided you send Sure Thing! footage of your driving recorded by the dash cam.
The Sure Thing! Max insurance policy covers all the benefits that come with the Standard Car Insurance plus £100,000 of Legal Cover & Breakdown Cover including Nationwide Recovery and cover at home.
This insurance company is suitable for people looking for something specific such a standard car insurance with some basic additional protection covers such as breakdown, personal accident, keycare cover and excess protection.
The Dash Cam Insurance Policy is also beneficial to those of you who are looking for other kinds of discounts in addition to the usual NCD.
What does Sure Thing! car insurance policy cover?
Are TPO, TPFT and Comprehensive covers available at Sure Thing!?
|Car insurance policy||Available at Sure Thing!||Coverage in a nutshell|
|Third-Party Fire and Theft|
Keep in mind that you can always add optional extras to your policy.
Main guarantees at Sure Thing! explained in details
Let's find out what does Sure Thing! covers in its car insurance policy.
Breakdown cover at Sure Thing!
Sure Thing! Insurance offers 3 levels of Breakdown Covers:
Roadside Assistance and Recovery: this cover comes with the following benefits:
- Up to 1 hour roadside assistance if your vehicle breaksdown more than one mile away from your home address
- In the event the vehicle cannot be repaired on the roadside, the vehicle driver and passengers will be transported to the nearest repair garage to have it fixed
- If the vehicle cannot be fixed on the same day, the driver, vehicle and the passengers will transported to their home address
- Alternative transport for vehicle hire can be offered to a maximum value of £250 as well as alternative transport for the person responsible to pick the vehicle once it has been fixed
- In case you’re stranded on the road 20 miles away from your home address, you are covered for overnight accommodation for a maximum of £150 for a lone traveller or £75 per person if you’re a group as long as it doesn’t exceed £500.
- 2 telephone messages to your family, friends or business associates to advise on the unforeseen breakdown.
Roadside, Recovery and Home Assist Cover: in addition to all the benefits that come with the Roadside Assistance and Recovery Cover, this covers Up to an hour of breakdown assistance anywhere within one mile from your home address.
Roadside and Recovery Home Assist and European Cover:this covers all the benefits that come with Roadside, Recovery and Home Assist Cover in the UK and Europe.
Keycare cover at Sure Thing!
£1,500 for replacements of keys and locks in the event of loss or theft.
Windscreen cover at Sure Thing!
- Windscreen and Windows Cover is included as a standard in the comprehensive level and is subject to excess of £50 if you’re using an approved repairer or £100 if you’re using an unapproved repairer.
- The limit of cover for the windscreen repair and replacement is £300 per policy period.
- This covers repairs and replacement of windscreen and windows.
- Claims on broken windscreen and windows will not affect your NCB.
Motor legal protection at Sure Thing!
Up to £100,000 to cover for legal costs and expenses when pursuing for compensation after an incident that wasn’t your fault.
Personal policy injury available at Sure Thing!
- Up to £5,000 personal accident cover as standard if you take a comprehensive policy.
- If you take the Personal Accident Extra cover, you and your passengers will be covered for up to £30,000 depending on the type of injury sustained or in the event of a death.
Coverage abroad at Sure Thing!
You’re expected to inform Sure Thing! about your travel plans 3 weeks in advance. The number of days covered when travelling abroad would depend on your underwriting insurer but it generally varies between 30 to 180 days.
You will be covered to travel to EU countries as well as other countries that meet the EC Directive 2009/103/EC standard such as: Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City, Norway, Switzerland, Andorra, Iceland,Serbia, Gibraltar and Liechtenstein.
No-Claim Bonus (NCB) at Sure Thing!
Your NCB will keep increasing every year provided you don’t get yourself involved in any incident that may require you to file for a claim or have a claim filed against you.
You NCB is likely to keep going up for a maximum period of 9 years. The number of years could be less depending on the insurer that is underwriting your policy.
You can also opt for an NCB protection cover at an additional charge.
If the incident caused was not your fault and Sure Thing! Insurance was able to recover all costs from the responsible party, your NCB will not be affected. However, if they’re not able to recover the costs of the incident, your NCB will be affected.
At Sure Thing!, you can apply for the NCB protection. The NCB protection allows you to make a certain number of claims within a period without losing your No-Claim bonus.
Depends on insurance company that is underwriting the policy.
A No-Claim bonus is a reward that you get from driving during a long time (at least one year) without making any claim. The more years you drive without claims, the higher your NCB rate gets hence the higher the discount on your insurance premium.
Sure Thing! car insurance terms and conditions
How much does Sure Thing! car insurance cost?
You'll find below indicative car insurance quotes at Sure Thing!:
|18 years old||£114,37|
|40 years old||£47,17|
|60 years old||£34,78|
Costs of Sure Thing! insurance car policies vary widely based on different factors such as:
- The driver’s age
- The date on which they received their driving licence
- The type of car
- Expected repair costs if the car is damaged
- The performance, safety and security of the car
- The driver’s address and how busy the streets in the neighbourhood are
- Who drives the car (any additional driver on the policy)
- The driver's record of accidents and claims (number of injuries, No Claim Bonus etc.)
- Insurance taxes.
The higher risk you represent, the more expensive your policy will be.
Is there any promo codes or discounts available at Sure Thing!?
Apart from NCD, you'll be entitled to a discounted premium if you take the Dash Cam Insurance cover which is basically a standard car insurance that comes included with a dash cam.
|Discounts||- 25% discount of premium if you opt to get a Dash Cam Car Insurance.|
- Employee discount is available for specific job posts. Amounts are not stated.
If you want to get a cheaper car insurance policy, another good way to do so is to never auto renew and always compare car insurance quotes.
Save more on your car insurance checking out our 13 tops tips to cut your insurance premiums!
Sure Thing! car insurance policy summarized
|At Sure Thing!|
|Uninsured driver NCB benefit||no|
|Loss or theft of keys||Not available as standard|
|Personal belongings||Excess- Not stated
Limit- Not stated
Not included as standard
Excess- Not stated
|Liability limit for property damage||Not Stated|
|Legal expense||£100,000 as standard for Sure Thing! Max Policy. Also available as an optional additional cover.|
|Courtesy car benefit|
|Courtesy car cover|
Duration of repair of your car.
30 - 180 days
|At Sure Thing!|
|Fire excess||Excess- Not stated|
Limit- Not stated
|Theft excess||Excess- Not stated
Limit- Not stated
|Accidental damage excess||Excess- Not stated|
Limit- Not stated
|Windscreen replacement excess||Excess- £50 if using approved repairer, £100 if using an unapproved repairer|
|Young driver excess|
|At Sure Thing!|
|Interest charged by payment installments|
Cancellation fee within 14 days after purchase of policy (Cooling off Period): £30
Mid-Term Adjustment fee: £30
Other car insurance policies available at Sure Thing!
Sure Thing! black-box insurance
Unfortunately, Sure Thing! do not offer a black box insurance policy, they do however offer a 25% discount for whoever signs up for their Dash Cam Insurance Policy.
How it Works:
- They send you a dash cam free of charge within 48 hours after signing up for the Dash Cam Insurance
- You install the dash cam according to the instructions they send you
- Upload any interesting footage your dash cam might have captured to their Vimeo where they will analyze it and decide whether it’s worth postiing to show examples of good or bad driving
- The dash cam also acts as your witness in case you end up getting involved in an accident.
Sure Thing! van insurance
Sure Thing! no longer offers Van Insurance to new customers. Van Insurance and its renewal will only be available to current customers who have already signed up for it.
How to contact Sure Thing! auto insurance?
Sure Thing! phone numbers
You will find all important phone numbers to contact Sure Thing! car insurance:
|Contact number||Opening hours|
0344 335 5555
Monday to Friday: 8am-7pm
Car Insurance Claims
0800 783 3000
0344 809 9508 (UK)
0344 809 9513
0344 809 9501
Monday to Friday: 8am-7pm
0333 241 9574
Sure Thing! other contact details
You'll find below Sure Thing! main contact details:
|Contact details of Sure Thing!|
|Customer account with Sure Thing! login|
|Social media||Facebook, Twitter|
You can also contact them by mail by writing to Sure Thing! car insurance:
2 Parklands Avenue
How to cancel your car insurance at Sure Thing!?
You can always cancel your car insurance policy at any time. However, some fees may apply especially if you cancel it after the 14 cooling-off period after your contract's anniversary date.
Since car insurance is a legal requirement, Sure Thing! as well as other insurers will renew your policy automatically at the end of the policy period without any notification from your side. However, Sure Thing! has the obligation to send you a renewal notice within 7 to 21 days before your contract comes to an end. You will therefore have 14 days - the cooling off period - to cancel your policy at reduced cancellation fees.
For the same reason, if you cancel your car insurance policy, you must sign up to a new one immediately. Find out more on car insurance legal requirement.
You would need to have various documents ready such as:
- your policy number (right hand corner of your documents);
- your bank details; and
- your payment method in case there are cancellation fees.
Sure Thing! could also refuse to cover your car any longer if you don't pay for your premiums within the time allocated, or if they find out that you omitted important information that was required by the company such as your driving experience or you if have committed a fraud of any kind. This act is known as ‘fronting’.