We’ve become a gadget nation. We depend on our samsung s10 to do our jobs, our shopping, and our homework – or just to have fun.
But that makes losing your samsung s10 a major disaster.
Have you thought how much a could cost?
If it’s a three-figure sum, you’re definitely going to want gadget insurance that will protect you against having your samsung s10 damaged or stolen. Let’s find out how samsung s10 insurance works and how to get the best value protection for your stuff.
Table of Contents
What is samsung s10 insurance?
Samsung s10 insurance as the name suggests, protects your samsung s10 against accidental damage, theft, loss, liquid or fire damage or mechanical failure depending on the level of cover chosen.
What are the best Samsung s10 insurances?
We selected a few providers that propose the best samsung s10 insurance, here are their must-have features:
Do I need samsung s10 insurance?
Repairing your samsung s10 is much more expensive than just insure it for a few pounds per month. Here is a quick summary of main repair types and cost for your samsung s10:
|Samsung s10 repair types||Average cost|
|Samsung S10 loss||£700|
|Samsung S10 theft||£700|
|Average samsung s10 purchase price||Average repair cost||Average insurance price|
£700 on average
From £8.5 per month
Samsung s10 are valuable items usually, but also so easy to lose. That is why 1/4 brits opted for a phone insurance. Indeed, 1 person out of 4 had a bad experience with their phone in 2019. Most of them cracked the screen, whereas 10% had battery issues. Almost 80% of people want a quote that includes loss, theft, accident, etc. Having a samsung s10 insurance is now something really common, better safe than sorry!
Repairs cost around £90 to replace a screen, and for battery replacement it is around £40. Samsung s10 insurance is around £6 to £9 per month, it’s well worth taking out a samsung cover.
How does samsung s10 insurance work?
You’ll pay an annual or monthly premium, in return for which you’re covered in accordance with your policy details. If anything happens to your samsung s10, you can claim on the insurance by contacting the insurer.
If you want to claim for theft, and you re covered for it, you will have to go to the police to declare it.
What is covered by samsung s10 insurance?
You will be covered as standard for:
- Accidental damage: your samsung s10 will be protected in case of any accidental damage, but it must not be negligence.
- Water damages: often included in samsung s10 policies.
- Mechanical breakdown: this is also often covered in policies.
It may also include:
- Loss and theft, though this is often an add-on and you’ll have to pay extra for it. (You probably know if you’re a ‘loser’ – if you are, this cover can be well worth taking. The same goes for accident-prone gadget owners.)
You can also add:
Multiple phone insurance
Use of your phone for fraud
Unauthorised usage of your phone
Travel insurance – worldwide travel for a limited period
What is not covered by samsung s10 insurance?
Here are a few exclusions to your samsung s10 insurance:
- Some insurers won’t insure your samsung s10 over a certain age, eg 6 months or 2 years.
- Most insurers won’t cover a bought outside the UK.
- You won’t be able to insure a you bought second hand, or which has been refurbished.
- And you’ll need proof of purchase to insure your samsung s10
- You won’t be covered if you don’t take reasonable care.
- Some policies won’t cover your samsung s10 if you use it for work. Make sure you check before you take out insurance.
Your paid-for downloads and apps are unlikely to be covered. You can’t claim for the cost of going on holiday again to recapture those holiday photos, either. So if you have loads of data on your gadget, make sure you have a backup.
How much it cost to repair your samsung s10?
Just repairing a cracked screen can cost over £100.
With over one in ten UK gadget owners saying they’ve cracked a screen recently, and almost as many saying they’ve had water damage to one of their gadgets, there are a lot of people heading to the repair shop or to buy a new gadget. And many of those people will be out of pocket. A few pounds a month isn’t much to pay to ensure you’re protected.
How much samsung s10 insurance cost?
Samsung s10 is around £8 depending on the level of coverage you choose. It also depends if you took out accidental damage, theft and loss. Adding loss and theft will be a little bit expensive, for exemple Protect Your Bubble proposes a phone insurance for your samsung s10, the starting price is £8.5 without theft and loss. Adding theft and loss will cost you £1.5
How to cancel my samsung s10 insurance?
There are two different ways to cancel your samsung s10 insurance, depending on whether you want to cancel in the first 14 days, or later.
- The first 14 days after you buy a policy are known as the ‘cooling off period’ and you have the right to change your mind. You’ll usually need to send written notice and include the documents – but phone or email first to give yourself peace of mind and find out if there are any particular requirements.
- After that, things depend on whether you have signed up to a full year or to a monthly rolling policy. You’ll need to check your policy documents. If it’s a longer term policy you may need to pay a fee to cancel early, and if you’ve made a claim, you will have to pay till the end of the contract period.
How to make a claim on my samsung s10 insurance?
The first thing to know about claiming on your samsung s10 insurance is that you need to strike while the iron is hot – notify your claim within 24 hours. Some insurers give you even less time, just 12 hours to make a claim.
Your insurer will have a preferred way for you to claim, whether that’s by phone, or via an online portal. You’ll need to be able to provide the original receipt for your samsung s10
If your gadget was stolen, you will need to contact the police and get a crime reference number (CRN) to give to the police.
Some insurers will send you cash. Others will arrange for a repair or for a replacement gadget to be sent to you – which is why they need to know exactly what gadget you’re insuring. If this makes a difference to you, make sure you check the policy carefully before clicking the ‘buy’ button.
Can I take out a multiple samsung s10 insurance?
Yes, you can have a multiple samsung s10 insurance, here are two examples of multi samsung s10 insurances and their discounts:
- Switched On insurance offers a 10% when insuring more than two gadgets
- i-Digitals proposes 10% off if you insure 2 gadgets and 40% if you insure more than two gadgets
Some insurers offer bigger discounts the more gadgets you add.